Friday, March 1, 2013

Anne at the Oscars

It seems that the world is very upset with Anne Hathaway for wearing "an ill fitting gown that emphasized her nipples" at the Oscars last Sunday. 

I did catch Ms Hathaway on the red carpet before the Oscars and although I did not care for her gown I did not catch any hint of nipple flaunting.  I thought she looked stunning.  The interviewers were having a dumb contest - "guess what's in the box under the sheet" - and Anne immediately got it with a simple clue - Judy Garland's ruby red slippers (on loan from the Smithsonian).  I thought to myself "how smart she is!"

Anne was a shoo-in for Best Supporting Actress.  Her performance as Fantine in Les MIserables will haunt me for years.  And I have never, ever heard "I Dreamed A Dream" like the way Anne did it.

So I was suprised that Anne actually APOLOGIZED for her dress!  Listen up girlfriend, take it from me, you are gorgeous, talented and you seem like a good person.  You can wear a potato sack (and still look fabulous) if you want.  Take that well deserved Oscar of yours and bash any nay-sayer over the head with it.

And don't apologize afterwards!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment