Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Magical Act

Vi and me dressed for Mea Shearim
My hubby taught me this one - sometimes one should make "a Magical Act of Faith".  This normally involved making a major purchase like buying a house that stretched our budget or giving up a solid job for a new opportunity.  Usually the act of faith was well rewarded, occasionally not.  But I do know that sometimes you just have to "go for it".  If people didn't do that I'm sure no one would ever get married or have babies, haha.

A few days ago while I was in Ross Dress For Less just window shopping with no intention of buying anything, I meandered over to the clearance section.  There were two long skirts, the frumpy kind I would never wear but perfect for the ultra-Orthodox section of Mea Shearim in Jerusalem. When we visited Israel in 2011, I had to borrow a long skirt and hat from cousin Vi who packed several of those kinds of outfits thinking everyone in Israel dressed like her sister-in-law and my cousin Sandy does in the US (she's frum). 

So I made a Magical Act of Faith and bought the skirt that fit, the long brown jersey one, my favorite of the two choices.  Now the Temple's 2014 trip to Israel is far from a done deal (we may not get enough people who want to go) and it's 15 months away, but I am really hoping it comes to fruition and I'll get to Mea Shearim again. 

But I'm doing more than hoping.  I'm making a Magical Act of Faith.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment