Saturday, March 23, 2013

Boho Style

I was in line today at the Post Office to get my 30 plus page income tax return weighed for postage ($1.72).  There was a lady in front of me and since the wait was a bit long I had time to study her look. 

She had long stringy hair with lighter highlights held in place by two fuzzy scrunchies placed about 6 inches apart along her back.  She had about 6 or 7 piercings in each ear. Her mani and pedi were in shiny teal blue with little daisy flower art on each big toenail.  She wore blue jeans and flip-flops and carried a Boho crocheted bag.  It was pretty obvious that although she had to be pushing 70 she was trying her best to look young or at least re-live her hippie days.

I can relate 'cause I love blue jeans and Bohemian accessories too.  The "ladies who lunch" look is just not my style. Yet I hope I will grow old(er) gracefully with class and panache.

I kind of felt sorry for the lady in the Post Office line.  Her black walking cane detracted somewhat from her look of carefree easy-spirited youth...

;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment