Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Single Dad Laughing

One thing I try to never do is give advice on how to stay married. 

But this twice divorced single Dad, while not saying how to stay married, certainly has some  ideas about how NOT to stay married.  All together, he wrote 31 ways in two blog posts on how to blow-it-big-time. I am happy to report none of his warnings apply to me and hubby so perhaps that's the reason we're still together.

But of all his common-sense suggestions, this is the one that made me smile the most.  I believe it, live it, and consider this rule sacrosanct.  Not up for discussion.  In fact, it amazes me that many couples think it's perfectly normal to have an "open door marriage".   

10. Don’t poop with the bathroom door open.
I don’t know why, but at some point I started thinking it was okay to poop with the bathroom door open, and so did she. First of all, it’s gross. Second of all, it stinks everything up. Third of all, there is literally no way to make pooping attractive, which means that every time she saw me do it, she, at least in some little way, would have thought I was less attractive.
IF I COULD HAVE A DO-OVER: I’d shut the damn door and poop in private.
BONUS! when she does think of your naked body, she’s not going to be thinking about it in a grunting/squatting position.

Thanks Single Dad Laughing!  With everything you've learned I'm betting your third trip to the altar will go the distance.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment