Sunday, March 24, 2013

Olympus Has Fallen

I have Netflix and a big screen TV and Showtime and Starz but sometimes I simply MUST catch the newest release at the movie theater. Especially those "blockbusters" whose action and special effects can only be truly captured if shown on a screen wider than our first apartment. So today hubby and I went to see Olympus Has Fallen, described as being "Die-Hard in the White House". 

I love seeing a movie in the theater. I love the previews of coming attractions, most of which I give a mental thumbs down.  I love that I can get immersed in the action with no interruptions by the dog or by the siren call of the refrigerator or by the washer or dryer or dishwasher signalling they're done.  I love being in the dark and that I am COMMANDED to detach from my beloved iphone and to sever all communication with the outside world, at least for a couple of hours. I love the popcorn and the giant diet-Coke. And I usually love the movie too, like I did Olympus Has Fallen.

Waiting for me at home (besides the load of laundry) was the mail and the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly.  And there it was, the review of Olympus, sporting a big red C. I'm guessing it stands for Crappy. Such a bad review is a sure sign that this movie would be one of my favorites!

;-)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment