Friday, March 15, 2013

For A Season

Two friends are leaving Florida, one for Georgia and one for Washington DC.  They are both fulfilling their dreams and I wish them well.

But I am very sad that two of my favorite people will be joining my group of virtual friends who exist only through Facebook, phone calls, texts or emails.  It's just not the same as seeing, hearing and hugging them in person, sharing a meal or Friday night services or shopping or the movies.

I am reminded of this poem that says people come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.  Some fulfill a purpose like being your teacher or co-worker and will pass from your life when their purpose is fulfilled.  Some come for a season and will leave you with a lesson learned (think "ex").  Some come for a lifetime and leave only when death claims them.

Some may have two seasons and come into your life a second time. Wow!

Thank you for being a part of my life, whether you were here for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment