Monday, March 4, 2013

AHA!

Lots of folks experience AHA! moments.  I think they can be loosely defined as a moment in time when someone's perceptions were altered, a grand truth was revealed, and their life was changed.

Sometimes the AHA! will be tied to a major life event like a divorce, becoming a parent or a loved one's passing.  Sometimes it's triggered by  a "rock bottom" juncture like waking up and finding one's self in the gutter with a big hangover. 

I too have experienced an AHA! moment.  My life (already wonderful) did not change but rather, I changed.  My epiphany came when I no longer believed in miracles, or thought there possibly could be miracles, I KNEW without a doubt that miracles do exist.

A passage from the Friday night siddur says: Blessed are You, Adonai, who gives life to all (who revives the dead).  Baruch atah, Adonai, m'chayeih hakol (hameitim).

AHA!


No comments:

Post a Comment