Thursday, February 28, 2013

Caren and Lee

My favorite picture of Caren and Lee
Cousin Caren is getting married next Sunday (incidentally my parent's anniversary) in Chicago.  The third of my cousin Marlene's three daughters, she is the youngest and the last to be married.  A simcha!

When Caren was born her father Larry was in the hospital in the next bed.  He had been fighting cancer since his twenties and about ten years later he was gone way too soon at only 43.  I remember how kind and generous he was and how much he loved my cousin.

Marlene continued to raise the girls and did a terrific job.  They are very close to each other - no surprise - and each girl has found her bashert in the most wonderful of young men.

So it is bittersweet and beautiful to see Marlene walk her girls to the chuppah.  Her brother Howie takes Larry's place.  I cry.

Tevye sang in Fiddler on the Roof "It takes a wedding to make us say let's live another day".
Yes indeed, life goes on. 

Congratulations Caren and Lee!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment