Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Those Were The Days

They say wrinkles and sagging skin and the need for reading glasses, Ben Gay and better support bras can make one feel old.  Maybe so but nothing makes me feel more old than having sick friends.  Any diagnosis from the sniffles to the Big C scares the bejesus out of me.

I don't have a lot of friends or family and I want and need every one.  I've lost a few and that hammered home that yes, we Baby Boomers are indeed mortal and cannot run against the winds of time forever. 

But the folks I knew when we were all young remain young forever in my mind.  I see them laughing and joking and planning great adventures and wild escapades.  As the song goes "those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end". 

And I hope they don't, not yet, and not for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment