Wednesday, February 13, 2013

South Pacific

The news that John Kerr passed away a few days ago sent me reminiscing about South Pacific the movie.  It is by far my favorite musical and I've seen the play and all movie versions many times.  And I can sing most of the songs by heart. 

I loved Mitzi Gaynor singing "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair" and the late great Ray Walston singing "There Ain't Nothing Like A Dame".  But of course John Kerr did not have to sing or dance or anything, just take his shirt off  ;-)

South Pacific is a story of bravery in World War II and also two love stories - one between a nurse and French recluse and the other between a handsome young lieutenant (Kerr) and a native Bali girl. 

RIP John Kerr.  Bali Ha'i is calling you...

No comments:

Post a Comment