Sunday, February 24, 2013

Deli

I kinda of knew this was happening but when I actually read an article about it I felt a jolt right to my solar plexus.  Jewish Delis are closing all over. 

In the last decade the famous Rascal House in North Miami and the equally storied Wolfies in Miami Beach have closed their doors after decades of being revered and practically historic South Florida landmarks.  And the worst came a year or two ago when Hollywood lost our beloved Deli Den, a true Deli with the best homemade cheese pastries ever.

What a rare and wonderful treat it was when my Dad would take me to Roosevelt and Halstead Streets and treat me to a corned beef or pastrami at Manny's!! 

On the bright side, I still have Mo's in Aventura and Ben's in Boca and Poppie's in Delray Beach.  Deli On Forever!

;-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment