Friday, February 22, 2013

Blanky

With the recent slight chill sweeping into South Florida I've taken to curling up under my blanky.  Do we ever outgrow the nice warm comforting feeling of being ensconced in our blanky?

I must admit I did not always have a blanky.  In Chicago there was a high power electric blanket set to Max Blast.  But a few years ago they came out with these cuddly new blankies made out of some kind of super soft fleece with a velvety smooth covering. I found mine at Walgreens and after one touch I couldn't resist. 

Cousin Barbara gifted me at Chanukah with soft fleece polka-dot PJs made out of the same wonderful synthetic material that feels terrific against my skin.  Normally they are much too warm for South Florida but I do so love the occasional times I'm able to wear them. 

Not only does my blanky keep me toasty, it's a great elixir for mild depression and unexplainable mood swings and it's a wonderful companion for afternoon naps. It's also an antidote if I wake up with an uncontrollable desire to be overproductive or am contemplating such overambitious undertakings like cleaning out the refrigerator.

Cuddle On!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment