Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Last Week

We will be in The Villages a week from today!  I am so excited, but the butterflies in my tummy are still twitching, though not as much as they have been the past two months. Everything is packed and the house is cleaned as much as can be right now. I've said goodbye to old friends and the last lunch with my old staffers is today. Have I forgotten to do something??

This move is more than just going to another place where I'm going to live. This is the place where I will spend the fourth and last quarter of my life, perhaps even the last third if I make it to 96. We have chosen to grow old(er) in our new home in bucolic Central Florida in a community of like-minded and like-aged companions. Pursuits that once occupied my time and mind (like working) will be replaced by simple joys - morning coffee on the lanai, meeting friends, the Farmers' Markets (two each week), golf carting around the neighborhood, clubs and classes and live entertainment. Probably add "visiting doctors" to that list! (But much later!)

So now I can officially consider myself a fully retired Senior Citizen or, as it is euphemistically put, an "Active Adult".  I googled "active adult" images and wow!  I never saw so many happy, happy faces.  Add mine!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment