Sunday, October 20, 2013

New (and Different) Ride

My new ride is a 2014 Yamaha Electronic Fuel Injection Golf Cart!  It can go up to 25 miles per hour but the speed limit in The Village ("TV") is 20 miles per hour.  I've gone 15 mph in a golf cart and that seems pretty fast to me. 

Secret golf cart paths and underground golf cart tunnels abound in TV.  Learning them all will definitely be a challenge.  Many couples here give up their second car in favor of their golf cart or even two golf carts. 

I think our cart has a classy "retro" look with its cream and burgundy seats (boy were there some ugly seats in the showrooms) and attractive striped awning.  It has a bunch of upgrades, the most important one being a clear hinge in front of where short me has her line of vision.  Every other cart dealer sold only carts with a big black hinge across the front windshield - not a problem if one is over 5'7' which I definitely am not.  Plus the dealer thoughtfully included their special patented pedal extender (basically a plastic box with a velcro strap) that lets me reach the gas petal without sitting on the edge of the seat. I also love the giant mesh shopping bag, classy burled dash and two glove boxes, and our names stenciled on the front. 

It gets delivered on Tuesday!  Can't wait!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment