Sunday, October 6, 2013

Carting The Villages

Getting around by golf cart has been lifted to a new high by Villagers.  It is the mode of transportation of choice and golf carts are ubiquitous throughout The Villages.  Of course I want to join the parade and to assist me there is a website and a course "Get There By Golf Cart" held bi-monthly at the Lifelong Learning Center.

Since The Villages is mostly self-contained (think Disney World) it is truly not necessary to ever leave this Magic Kingdom. However, The Villages is quite large and getting larger and I fret that not all points will be accessible by golf cart, especially since our new home is at the far northern end.  From my new house to girlfriend June's house in the far south end is 10 miles and I figure that is a bit far to go by golf cart.  We'll see.  Getting to the nearest recreation center and shopping plaza will be easy-peasy.

June has an electric Club Car but I am thinking a gas powered Yamaha.  I certainly don't want a limited range to result in me getting stuck somewhere hahaha.

Zoom Zoom!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment