Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Hustle

I really can't complain about my first four days in The Villages!  After all, I asked for fun activities and to meet new people, and I got it!  Dinner Thursday with Kay and June was a big success and we're all going to a Tech Fair and a Craft Fair today. The Friday night service at the Temple was terrific and everyone was so friendly. I even met a nice lady, Marilyn, in the bathroom!  Bill and Carol, our temporary landlords are so nice and helpful. Everyone says "hi" in the Publix and procuring services, like home insurance or shopping for a golf cart or Villages t-shirts, is made super easy by salespeople well trained in the art of patience and no-pressure persuasion. The Mah-Jong lady called me back and the Borscht Belt club lady went the extra mile to get us into the sold-out event tomorrow night.

I've been on two solo exploratory journeys and am starting to know my way around. This place is HUGE.  Just as I did when we moved to Florida, I've memorized the major cross streets and the highways that surround us. I am pleased with the location of our new house; it's close to a new Health Care Center, a Publix, the Temple, and Highway 27 where all the big stores are.

Living in this cute little villa for the next 44 days will hopefully be a welcome respite from The Hustle of the last few months.  But so far, it's still been pretty hectic! 

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment