Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Expectations

Today marks one full week of being Villagers!  I've had another chance to try out the shopping, cruise the neighboring communities, see the medical facilities, hear the live entertainment, buy and ride in a golf cart, attend services, have dinner with friends and see my next house again.

So nu?  What is my verdict?  Is it everything I had hoped for?

Yes!  I love it here so far and think it was a great choice for our golden years.  There are still things I need to get used to; here are a few along with some observations:

The distances are longer. It's a longer ride to the Bagel place and the library. But hey, when you're retired, what the heck, right?

My cell service is spotty. Dropped calls and no bars! But only once in awhile.

The Chinese carry-out by the new house costs a few bucks more.  No one could match the cheap prices at the Chinese Kitchen in Dania Beach!

Although I fretted that the location of the new house is too far at one end, I see now that it was a very good choice.  With only two miles to the Publix and shopping and a new Villages Health Center and golf-cart-accessible to Temple, it's perhaps one of the best locations.

The Home Depot is sparse and the one 20 miles away is not much better.  The Lowes is a better choice I think.

Everyone is incredibly friendly and TV really does deserve its reputation as "America's Friendliest Hometown".

There is truly something to do every minute of every day.  Plus there are things-you-never-dreamed-of that pique your interest.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment