Saturday, October 26, 2013

More Expectations

I'll continue my musings on my new life in The Villages ("TV")...

Speaking of TV, I miss it.  Television I mean.  This is not due to The Villages but rather to no DVR in this rental villa.  But I digress...

Mail here does not get delivered to my front door but rather to a grouping of mailboxes in each neighborhood.  You know you have a package because a key to a larger box appears in your mailbox.  But a day or so ago the doorbell rang and our USPS post-person Carl delivered a larger box.  I understand that stuff shipped via UPS or FedEx also will get delivered to the door.

The Villages' newspaper is the best paper on earth IMHO.  It is chock full of news, local happenings, ads, columns, comics, classifieds, and guess what? TV listings!  It must be the last paper to include a full TV schedule booklet in the Sunday paper.  At only $60. a year for home delivery it is the biggest bargain around. This is maybe the last place in America where the daily newspaper cannot be replaced by the Internet and/or television.

Likewise, the Yellow Pages is still alive and well in TV.  It is the go-to resource for newcomers seeking information on utilities and government services, plus residential services offered by hundreds of businesses. 

Stay tuned, I'm sure I'll have more pithy observations in the days to come...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment