Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fall Flavors

Yahoo is reporting that "Birthday Cake is the new 'it' flavor", replacing bacon (yuck) in such culinary delicacies as popcorn, yogurt and candy.  I never got on the bacon bandwagon but birthday cake sounds much more appetizing so I may give it a try.

But best of all are the flavors that come once a year - now!  The Fall flavors are truly my favorites - pumpkin spice, cinnamon bun, apple pie, gingerbread, cranberry, spiced cider, s'mores and caramel corn.  I love them in hot drinks, doughnuts, coffee cake, ice cream, pancakes, muffins or actually almost anything. 

So it's not just the cooler temperatures or changing foliage or switching from shorts to jeans or the thought of the Thanksgiving feast that makes me love October and November.

I think I'll put off trying "birthday cake" until, uh, well, my birthday!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment