Monday, October 21, 2013

The Borscht Belt Club

Last night we attended our first meeting of The Borscht Belt Club.  It's listed in the Recreation News as "a great opportunity for married couples, interfaith couples and singles of Jewish heritage to make new friendships" so of course I circled it first.

Great fun!  There was a raffle and a fun game to play for quarters and a yummy sandwich on an onion roll and every table got a box of chocolate chip cookies to share.  Nice people that you of course felt you've known all your life, mostly Boomers like ourselves.  Funny how my turkey sandwich included several slices of Swiss cheese - even at this stage of my non-kosher existence I find it hard to fathom meat and cheese co-existing at a Jewish event, hahaha. We also ran into some folks we met at Temple on Friday.  Their name is also Gold so it's easy to remember them.

I've only been to the Catskills once but this is one Borscht Belt I'll be happy to return to again and again!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment