Monday, October 7, 2013

Hoover

THEN
NOW
The little Eureka Quick-Up I've been making do with for years finally died during the Great Pack-Up so I have been making do even more with my super-little Shark "dustbuster on a stick". I needed a Real Vacuum and I was even reduced to watching Infomercials and reading online reviews. But joyfully Big Lots sent me a 20% off coupon to be used this past weekend and Saturday I got myself a reconditioned Hoover Windtunnel Air Bagless Upright Model UH70400.  It was $63.00 after the discount and weighs only 12 pounds.  It can suck with the best of them and got great reviews except for one feature which will never bother me as I will never use it. I love the way it empties and how easily the dirt cup snaps in place.  It has a 30 foot cord so I don't have to use an extension cord as I have done with every vacuum I've ever known.

Best of all, I have a soft spot for Hoovers as I come from from an era when having a Hoover in your broom closet was like having a Cadillac parked in your garage. Stu's Mom bought me my first one in 1969 and BFF Sheryl and I were both taken in by the $300+ "self propelled" model about 13 years ago (big bust).  Buying bags and belts were of course necessary - I'm so happy there are no replaceable parts in my new one.

My guest room carpet finally got a good cleaning and looks a lot better. Some things really have improved with time! Hoover On!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment