Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Obsession

So what have I been doing in the three days since returning from The Villages on Sunday?  Obsessing over moving there, hahaha.

I poured over all the new spec homes for sale and all the resales listed by the Villages Realty and other Realtors.  I thought about the model home I love and drew little pictures of my own furniture on the floor plan. Then I decided this was silly since the beach condo and our house need to be sold first.  What if I find a house for sale that is just perfect and I can't buy it?  I would feel bad.  Better to stop looking at potential future homes and concentrate on selling the properties in South Florida!

So I bought 60 thirty-gallon Hefty bags and started cleaning out drawers and closets.  Hubby helped by stuffing four bags with ancient cans of unknown chemicals from the garage.  We made a tiny dent but hey, it's a start. Super Realtor Rick is coming over tomorrow to get our house listed.  He's been a little busy since he personally arranged for our beach condo to be painted yesterday and cleaned tomorrow and he also is shlepping bigger items from the beach condo to us in his pickup truck. He says he has two showings on Saturday and I am not above soliciting St. Joseph, the Patron Saint of unsold Real Estate for good luck.

I also 'rejuvenated" the marble in our Master Bathroom on my hands and knees and the Pergo in the library.  I cleaned out the big whirlpool tub and scrubbed a lot of other neglected places too.  And just to make my obsession complete, I popped The Villages sales DVD in for a second viewing. 

Yep, it looks just as good as I remembered. I think I will Keep Obsessing and Carry On...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment