Monday, July 1, 2013

100 Greatest Part Two

Onward to Entertainment Weekly's list of the 100 Greatest novels.  Oh my, I must be woefully unenlightened as most of these tomes are of the classical variety, not my usual fare of heroic detectives, sly courtroom lawyers and grisly murders. 

I struggled through The Sound and The Fury in high school (thank you Cliff Notes!) and spent one hot summer with Gone With The Wind.  That's about it.  Luckily many of the top 100 novels (according to EW) have been made into movies (modern day Cliff Notes!) so I will attempt to broaden my horizons by adding them to my Netflix queue.  First on that list will be the latest incarnation of The Great Gatsby.

Of EW's list of the 50 greatest stage plays of the last 100 years I have seen exactly none.  That surprised me as we do enjoy live theatre and held subscriptions for many years.  Wow, there is a lot out there left for me to try. 

Right after I tear myself away from the TV set...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment