Thursday, July 11, 2013

Joyride

Last night, after a rather downbeat kind of day, I grabbed hubby (who was comfortably ensconced in the new power reclining sofa) and said "let's go for ride".  I suggested we swing by the beach and see what's up with the new upscale developments which I am hoping will help make the sale of our modest beach condo go FAST.  A glorious South Florida night reminded me of how fortunate we are to be able to enjoy the ocean breezes, week-night live music on the beach and the one-of-a-kind beach-shack restaurants and shops anytime we want.  It IS true what they say, things ARE better at the beach. 

I was feeling a mite cheerier but just to make sure I would not relapse, I asked hubby to stop at D'Lites where I indulged in a larger-than-my-usual-size treat of soft-serve.  And making the loop down Sheridan to 441 (the long road home) what do I see??  A brand new Popeyes open for business!  A mere 2.8 miles from home! 

I have the beach and D'Lites and Popeyes, libraries and the shul and a plethora of other wonderful things right here close to home.  I am wondering now what I was thinking to ever suggest exploring active adult communities around the state and even beyond.  They are filled with old folks!  Hahaha

It is true that recent departures of friends to distant locales has put a slight crimp in our social schedule.  But this weekend brings two separate dinners-out with potential new couples that may grow into friendships.

Advice:  Need a new perspective?  Go for a Joyride!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment