Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dilly Dilly

I saw the newest Prince of England emerge from the hospital yesterday afternoon.  I wish him well and hope he will be a credit to his lineage in the years to come. 

I wonder if his doting parents will sing my favorite childhood nursery rhyme to him?  It dates back to England in the 1600s so I'm pretty sure it's still remembered there.  It goes like this:

Lavender blue, dilly dilly, lavender green,
When I am King, dilly, dilly, you shall be Queen.
Who told you so, dilly, dilly, who told you so?'
Twas my own heart, dilly, dilly, that told me so.

Call up your men, dilly, dilly, set them to work
Some to the plow, dilly, dilly, some to the fork,
Some to make hay, dilly, dilly, some to cut corn,
While you and I, dilly, dilly, keep ourselves warm.

Dilly, Dilly, little Prince.  Good Luck and God Bless.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment