Monday, July 8, 2013

Osteoporosis

I remember that feisty lady, Sally Field, touting on TV the benefits of Boniva, one of several drugs that help treat osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.  How weird to see that cute, carefree teenager Gidget chasing after grandchildren and worrying about brittle bones. 

Oh poop!  Now I have osteoporosis too.  I suspect this morning will bring a call from the Cleveland Clinic instructing me to pick up a prescription for Fosamax or Boniva.  My first (and probably not my last) prescription for those diseases that come with aging.  I am, in spite of my best efforts to remain eternally 39, officially o-l-d.

If I think positively (which I always try to do) the aches and pains of older age are merely the trade-offs for having (finally) learned and accepted who I am, liking myself and my accomplishments, and at last enjoying the freedom and resources to do what I want whenever I want. 

I'll try to remember that when I gulp down those pills.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment