Sunday, June 30, 2013

100 Greatest

This issue of Entertainment Weekly arrived yesterday and I could hardly wait to compare their idea of the 100 greatest movies, TV shows and books to my own lists.  They also included music but I am woefully ignorant on most things musical so I will take their word on what the greatest are.

Movies: We agree on It's A Wonderful Life, Bambi, Mr Smith Goes to Washington, The Adventures of Robin Hood and All The President's Men.  I respectfully beg to differ on Rushmore, Do The Right Thing, Brokeback Mountain, A Hard Day's Night and The Silence of the Lambs.  Hey, where was The Ten Commandments on their list?

TV:  I'll agree with The Andy Griffith Show, The Twilight Zone, Breaking Bad, The Honeymooners, Alfred Hitchcok Presents, The Fugitive, Gilmore Girls, Homeland, Perry Mason, Star Trek and 24.  But where the heck was Dexter?  Surely if Beavis and Butt-head could make the list there was room for my all time favorite show.

I'll look at their list of books tomorrow.  I'm busy counting down 'til the final season of Dexter starts tonight!

;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment