Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Southern Cooking

Paula Deen, the Queen of Southern Cooking, has been in the news lately.  Is she or is she not a racist?  I have no clue.

But I do have a clue about Southern Cooking. I love it!  Fried chicken, corn bread, red beans and rice, turnip greens and apple crisp - yum, yum, yum.

One time my friend Jen and I attempted a complicated shrimp and grits recipe for our friend John who is a Mississippi Southern gentleman through and through.  The recipe did not turn out as mouth-wateringly good as it was described but I suspect the source of the recipe did not reveal all of the secret ingredients and techniques of the original.  Ah, such is the beauty of fine old recipes that qualify as "family secrets".

Good Luck salvaging your career Paula.  May you live to fry another day.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment