Thursday, June 20, 2013

Game Seven

I usually only watch sporting events when teams from my two cities - Miami or Chicago - are in the playoffs.  Such is the situation this past week when the Miami Heat are alternating play dates with the Chicago Blackhawks, both battling it out in the Finals of their respective sports. Tonight is Game Seven for the Heat and the way it looks now, with the hockey series tied at two apiece, the Blackhawks will also be heading to a Game Seven.

I wonder a bit if perhaps it is not rigged a tad to force Game Sevens as much as possible.  After all, the tension builds to a fever pitch, more T-shirts and jerseys are sold, more drinks are imbibed at local establishments and more ad revenue flows into the network's coffers. Hmmm...

May I wax philosophical for a moment?   In a way I am approaching the Game Seven of My Life.  Having been lucky enough not to be eliminated early, I have experienced both the thrill of successes and the agony of defeats.  I have won some and lost some. I have had bad calls and lucky breaks. I have regrouped and come back swinging.  And even if I don't get it all in the end, at this point I can hold my head high and know I did the best I could.

One more thing about Game Sevens.  The taste of Victory is so very very sweet...

GO HEAT!  GO BLACKHAWKS!

;-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment