Monday, June 17, 2013

Pull Yourself Together

I knew today would be tough.  After all, how good could a day that demands imbibing only clear liquids be?  And reading a bunch of schmaltzy posts on Facebook yesterday - tributes to deeply loved but dearly departed fathers - has left me feeling vaguely maudlin. 

My antidote to feeling out-of-sorts consists of doing productive activities.  Cleaning the guest room carpet with Resolve (good stuff!).  Balancing the checkbook.  Perusing Amazon for interesting books I can then reserve from the library for free. Keeping busy also helps to take one's mind off of solid food.

I ran across this one - Pull Yourself Together - which fit my mood completely but on further inspection is not my cup of tea (tea, a clear liquid I can have today, hmmm).  But I did love the words of wisdom from the book's description: life may not be exactly what you dreamed, but you’ve just got to keep on stumbling.


Stumble on I shall  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment