Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I Heart Make-up

You would have thought that after I retired I would give up or drastically reduce my make-up routine.  Why go through all that fuss when you are basically shlumping around the house or visiting Wal-Mart?  I certainly envisioned that as a possibility.

The truth surprised me.  I like make-up more than ever. 

A few years ago my cousin shlepped me to Macy's and had me "done" by the Lancome make-up "artiste".  I wound up spending about $300. on new cosmetics.  I suspect she thought my look sucked or perhaps it looked a little dated.  I am not sure and I really don't want to know.  I am happy when I look in the mirror and that's all I need to know.

Never again will I succumb to fancy ads and glittery packaging.  My favorite brands are E.L.F., New York Color, Wet And Wild and anything else that costs $1, $2 or $3 buck a pop.  And now I see that other ladies on the web have validated my choices!

Here is the most important thing to remember about make-up.  You will look fabulous if you just get up in the morning and put it on.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment