Tuesday, June 18, 2013

DG2

I have never bought anything from the Home Shopping Network (HSN) but I have caught a few of their long-winded product spiels and have almost been convinced I need their stuff.  Almost. 

My newest MISS ME jeans from eBay
 
Yesterday I caught a pitch for Diane Gilman (never heard of her) "DG2" Stretch Denim Boot-Cut Jeans.  According to the pitch-ladies, these jeans will Change My Life!  Yes, really, that's what they said.  Even though I am 60+ (or even 70 or 80) I can "get back into jeans"!  Thanks to some super stretchy fabric and a "forgiving" cut, my butt will be lifted, my tummy and thighs will be disguised (offset by the eye-catching flared boot-leg bottom) and my self-confidence will be restored.  Yippee!

If you know anything about me, you know I love my jeans.  So I can see how this sales soapbox would have appeal to ladies who feel trapped in their stretch pants.  They even showed the black and navy versions on some slightly portly women to make the point. 

Ms Gilman has even written a book called Good Jeans: 10 Simple Truths about Feeling Great, Staying Sexy & Aging Agelessly OK Ms Gilman, I will give you this - a fine fitting pair of jeans WILL do wonders for your ego, your self-confidence and your Baby Boomer butt.  But I'm gonna stick with my Miss Me's as long as I can. 

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment