Monday, May 6, 2013

The Jeans

I'm not talking about my pants here.  I mean four of my best friends. 

They are scattered across the United States and Canada.  I don't see them much but they are the best fun when we do get together.  We don't Skype or Facetime and talking on the phone is unsatisfying and well, weird.  There's no chance to get into much more than "Hi How Are You?" and I am not one who excels at phone chatting.

Jean in Las Vegas calls me her sister-in-law because hubby's Mom lived with her husband's father for 25+ years after Stu's Dad passed away.  Jean and her husband, Dr. Mark, were so very kind to us when we crashed with them in our trucking days.  Dr. Mark, one of the best human beings that ever walked the planet, passed away much, much too soon.  Jean calls regularly and I love her.

Jean in Tucson (winters) and Chicago (summers) and her husband David have been our friends since she worked with hubby about 25 years ago.  They are so funny and so much fun, truly great friends to have.

Jean in Toronto (summers) and Miami (winters) is my dear cousin.  We were pen pals as teenagers and when she took the initiative to come back into my life six years ago I counted it as a blessing from above.

Jean in Washington DC is my newest friend.  She captured my heart with her sweetness and down-to-earth personality.  When her hubby scored his dream job (they are lucky to have him) in DC I was so very thrilled for them but so very sad for me.

Miss you guys.  Wish you were here...

No comments:

Post a Comment