Friday, May 3, 2013

Say You're Sorry

When someone apologizes the chances are very, very good I'll forgive.  And I'm excellent at forgetting; I seem to have a selective memory that (almost always) recalls only the good stuff. 

So when JC Penney aired their new commercial: "we're sorry we screwed up one of your favorite stores and tried to dump all you old (operative word) loyal customers in favor of new hotties" - I gave them the benefit of the doubt.  And when a $10 off coupon for a $25 purchase arrived in the newspaper today I took them up on their kind offer: "we'd love to see you again".

JC Penney was one of my favorite places to shop for many years. I used to buy hubby their "Plain Pockets" jeans that stood up to the rigors of trucking.  Our bedroom set came from Penneys and I adore it.  My closet is filled with stuff from the Penney's outlet store in Sawgrass Mills. Two years ago I ventured out to Penney's in heavy rain to buy a cute pair of strappy sandals for a special trip.  The material that I made into window treatments for almost every room in the house came from Penney's as well as the "had to have them" draperies in the bedroom.  So I hope this venerable old store survives and thrives. 

I may forgive and forget but I never, ever fail to say "I told you so".  So here's a link to my blog post from January 12, 2012, The Hunt.

;-)

1 comment: