Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day and my thoughts were on my Mom, now gone for over seven years. 

Someone posted an article on Facebook: 35 Signs You Were Raised by a Jewish MotherMany did not apply but of course some did. Here are three that do describe Mom.

1. You know to always bring a jacket no matter what the temperature is. (I do indeed always have a hoodie or sweater with me, even here in Florida.)

4. You and your friends were always well fed. (Too well fed usually ;-)

9. You have a strong preference when it comes to savory or sweet kugel. (Kugel has to be made with cottage cheese and raisins!  I only found out much later there was any other kind.)

But Mom flunks most of the other 32.  She never nagged me about my weight, my clothes, my job, my hair, the lack of grandchildren, how often I called or visited, or my choices in boyfriends (she loved one or two to pieces).  She never laid a "guilt trip" on me in any form. 

I was perfect in her eyes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment