Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Childfree

In every choice we make in life, we forgo some things so that we can do, have or be other things.

I read a blog post a day or two ago: Say It Loud - I'm Childfree and I'm Proud.  It enumerated lots of the joys of being childfree (there are many) and even gave an argument on how being childfree helps "green" the planet (that one is so silly).  And just because things seem to come in clumps, another article written by a mom who wished she never had children appeared on my Yahoo front page today and a new book I Can Barely Take Care Of Myself was just added to the Broward County Library catalog.  There was also this frightening glimpse of child rearing that someone posted on Facebook today.

There is perhaps nothing that evokes stronger feelings than the subject of parenthood versus non-parenthood and I am certainly not one who wishes to plunge into that horrific abyss of debate.  The pro's and con's would stretch to infinity and in the end, it's an extremely personal decision that cannot be analyzed with mere facts and figures.

For my husband and me, being childfree was simply the right path for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment