Saturday, May 11, 2013

Say It!

This bit of wisdom showed up on my Facebook page yesterday. 

Now that I am old(er) I recognize the truth.  No matter how us Boomers try to deny it, we are only dancing on this Earth for a short time.  So I have taken this advice to heart and never pass up the opportunity to tell my girlfriends and relatives and every single person I hold dear that I love them.  Even if it might seem a little "too soon" or even if I run the risk of being repetitious, boring or too slobbery. 

When I do go, I want the people who touched my life and my heart and who brought me joy to know the impact they had.  I want them to remember that they brought a smile to my face, happy tears to my eyes and a song to my soul.  I remember their kindnesses, their help when I needed it, their words of encouragement and their faith in my meager abilities.

I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment