Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Star Trek

Reader's Digest had a regular article called "Most Unforgettable Character".  After seeing the new movie Star Trek - Into Darkness this afternoon, I realized that Kirk, Spock, Checkov, Sulu, Bones, Uhura and Scotty are some of the most unforgettable characters that ever entered my consciousness.  I, like everyone else, have never forgotten them and just like old friends, I hurry to see them whenever they reappear after a long absence.

From watching the original shows from hubby's parent's vinyl-clad sectional in 1967 to seeing Into Darkness on the big screen 46 years later, Star Trek captured my imagination and never let go.  Although I am not an expert on Trekkie minutiae, I reveled in the little references to old stories (think Tribbles) and the personality quirks that first endeared the crew to their audience. 

Back in 1967 I saw my life as a continuing adventure and thought I would boldly go where no one had gone before. Time stretched out as far as space.

It's gone by at warp speed...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment