Monday, May 20, 2013

Bad Dream

I conked out early last night and went to bed at about 9 pm.  I must have been awfully tired because I fell into a deep sleep and had a bad dream.  Basically it was about a Reversal of Fortune that found me liable for a (non violent) crime and penniless.  I blame the new CNN jailhouse interview with Bernard Madoff for putting such icky thoughts in my head and triggering insomnia.

But the dream did remind me of how good I have it.  Instead of trying to find work at Wal-Mart or cleaning houses, I am planning a cruise.  Instead of scrounging meals of spaghetti and stale bread, I am planning lunches out with friends.  Instead of seeing U-Verse cancelled I am planning to see Star Trek - Into Darkness at an IMAX theater.  Instead of taking the County bus to a free clinic I can call the renown Cleveland Clinic today to discuss my latest test results.

Maybe having a bad dream occasionally puts things into perspective...

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment