Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mah Jong

I took Southwest Airlines to Nashville last week to meet up with hubby and do some sightseeing.  It was my first Southwest flight and I was a little nervous about their "seat yourself" policy so I grabbed the first available seat I found, the center seat between two ladies.  What a happy stroke of luck!  The lady on my right and I turned out to have sooo much in common and at the end of the two-and-a-half hour flight we exchanged phone numbers and email addresses and vowed to meet up again this week.

My new friend plays Mah Jong every Thursday at the JCC and swore the instructor is Marvelous - patient and kind to new beginners.  I told her I have been wanting to meet up with a nice bunch of ladies to play cards but Mah Jong would be my first choice.  It's the quintessential game for retired Jewish ladies (like us) and I had even asked Cousin Frimette (she has played for decades with the same friends) to teach it to me and her daughter Chavie when they snowbird here next winter.

To prepare myself a little bit I'm going to the library first thing tomorrow morning.  I already checked - they have a "teach yourself Mah Jong" book on the shelf just waiting for me.

Serendipity is a wonderful thing isn't it? 

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment