Sunday, July 15, 2012

Vera

So Vera Wang (at 63) and Arthur Becker are divorcing after 23 years of marriage.  And I read this article that senior divorce rates are soaring. 

I know of oodles of "starter marriages" that were mercifully laid to rest early and both parties went on to successful and happy second or even third marriages.  But senior divorce (poo poo poo), after years of building a life together, perhaps raising a family and finally seeing the fruits of your labors and maybe having it a little easier, does seem pretty dismal. 

But then I remember my cousin who divorced after 35 unhappy years and married the love of her life.  I guess the heart knows no age limit and the human spirit strives to be happy at any age. 

Who knows?  Perhaps Vera may yet design another of her exquisite wedding dresses for herself  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment