Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Seven Habits

Stephen Covey, author of "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" died today.  He was 79 and died of injuries sustained from a fall while riding his bicycle. 

When I was working I read many, many motivational books that offered me career advice.  Of course Stephen Covey's books were among them but at this point they have all blurred together and except for W. Clement Stone and John T. Molloy, I can't say I remember too much about any one author.

Somewhere along the line, I guess I made up my own "7 effective habits" and since I wrote yesterday about some of my shortcomings (there are many others) today I will write about some of my good habits (there are far fewer of those, hahaha).

1. I pay bills as soon as they arrive

2.. I never procrastinate

3. If it's a great sale and I know I'll use it, I buy a bunch

4. I make the bed every day

5. I fill up the car when it dips below 1/2 tank of gas (you never know) 

6. I weigh myself every day, same time

7. I  read the newspaper with my morning coffee even though it's a bit old fashioned.

RIP Stephen Covey...



No comments:

Post a Comment