Friday, July 13, 2012

PJ Library

God-daughter Victoria texted me that little Carter (2 years old) received the latest free PJ Library book today - "Sunrise, Sunset".  She mentioned that the book reminded her of my late BFF (her mother-in-law) because Sheryl always loved that song and that the song has increased meaning for her as she watches her own children grow.

The PJ Library is a program that sends free Jewish themed children's books and music to young folks - no questions asked - in an effort to promote understanding of Jewish concepts, rituals and Yiddishkeit in general.  They are gloriously illustrated and beautifully written and it actually caused me a twinge of pain to give up my one PJ book to Carter when he visited.  But after all, they are designed, written and provided free for the kinderleh and not for old bubbes like me, haha.  And of course, Carter did lend me his copy of BabYiddish long enough for me to copy it into a pdf file ;-)

I am so proud that my Temple is a sponsor for this program for Broward County, along with many other organizations across the country.  It is easy to sign up for the program from almost every community. 

Check it out for your children and grandchildren!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Evelyn! This is Marney, the PJ Library Coordinator for Jewish Federation of Broward County. Thanks for the shout out...what a great posting! So glad that our books are providing such joy for your family! Which Temple do you belong to? I would love to speak with you....please call me at 954-873-6817 or email pjlibrary@jewishbroward.org. As you know, PJ Library is an amazing outreach and engagement program! Friends and followers can enroll online at www.pjlibrary.org.

    ReplyDelete