Thursday, July 12, 2012

This Made My Day

I can't believe it but I got carded yesterday!  The young lady at Kohl's asked to see my ID to see if I really did qualify for the 15% Wednesday senior discount.  Ha Ha Ha.  When I showed her my age she said I didn't look it.

The last time I got carded (not being one to frequent bars or order alcoholic beverages) I was 23 and tried to buy a can of root beer in a liquor store (I was really thirsty and the liquor store was right by the Argyle "L" stop).  I did not know you couldn't even buy a can of soda in a liquor store if you were under-age.

It won't be long, I know, before no one will debate my senior status.  I see small changes in my body and face, along with the undeniable need for reading glasses and the fact that I sometimes miss some TV dialogue. 

Yesterday I asked hubby "how were the Doc Martens?" (his new shoes) 
He said "It was down about 40 or 50 points" (the stock market)

I'm seeing what is lying on the horizon and it is not pretty...
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment