Saturday, July 28, 2012

I Heart Retirement

It's been five months today since I retired.  To tell you the truth, it has been perhaps the happiest time in my life (poo poo poo) or at the very least, number two. The thought of returning to work anywhere makes me shiver.  I would rather drastically downscale my lifestyle than give up this exhilarating sense of freedom.

In the last five months I've entertained Laura and Jason and the grand-god-kids, Scott and Victoria and the grand-god-kids and cousins Larry and Joy who we haven't seen in 30 years.  I had minor (thankfully) surgery, changed doctors and had a complete medical work-up and an eye exam, sampled the community treadmill, read a bunch of books and saw a load of movies, got a tiny bit tanner, volunteered at the shul office and for the Re-elect Dick Blattner campaign, digitized hundreds of slides and our old wedding album and created a gorgeous photobook.  I shopped for great finds at the Goodwill and the Swap Swap, made plans for a cruise and for Scott's birthday in Orlando and lunched with the ladies.  The grout is cleaner and the closet now has pretty new velvet hangers and a lot of old junk has been relocated to the landfill.  I sleep a little later (though not today) and can usually stay up til after 10 pm.  We are still OK financially, my former guilt-inducing fear of retirement. 

Life is Good and I am Happy.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment