Thursday, July 5, 2012

Swap Shop

There is no place I've found that can rival the Fort Lauderdale Swap Shop: acres upon acres of the smallest of small business entrepreneurs with their wares spread out on tables or hanging from portable racks, a 14 screen drive-in movie theatre for when the sun goes down (probably the last in the country), a huge farmer's market, a food court with exotic fare from all our Florida cultures and an indoor "mall" for the more "upscale" businesses. More than flea market, it's a treasured icon for those of us who love Old Florida. 

It's also the best place to score t-shirts and summer necessities (things beloved by our snowbirds and tourists) so yesterday I ventured there in search of cruiseware for our upcoming vacation.  Check out the three cute sundresses I scored for - wait for it - $9.00 total (no tax). I probably could have done better if I cared to negotiate which I never (rarely) do. 

One of my best former buys at the Swap Shop were six new super-nice high-quality bras for $10.00.  I'll spare you the picture ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment