Friday, June 1, 2012

11/22/63

I'm reading (listening to) Stephen King's  new novel 11/22/63.  The premise: A secret portal to September 9, 1958 exists.  You can go and stay there as long as you want and return to the exact same time you left.  But you will age if you stay there.  An erstwhile time traveler stays four years in the hope of making it to 11/22/63 and diverting the assassination of JFK.  But he comes down with terminal lung cancer while he is living in the past.  He returns to the present to convince a young English teacher to go back in time to complete the mission. 

If this was your mission would you choose to accept it?  I certainly would if I could go back and stop Hitler and World War Two or if I could avert the Viet Nam war or 9/11/2001. 

And while I was there doing whatever needed to be done to save the world I'd buy a few shares of IBM, Coca-Cola and McDonalds!



No comments:

Post a Comment