Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The American Dream

If you listen to the news a lot (which I find myself doing less and less of) you might wonder if the American Dream is kaput.  I don't know for sure but I seriously doubt it. 

It takes a lifetime of hard work to achieve the American Dream (or any version of it).  It takes never letting your guard down when you're up and picking yourself up when you're down.  Having a "plan" is less important than being willing to adapt and to learn and try new things. Sometimes you have to "re-invent" yourself and sometimes you have to do it several times. Pick the right life-partner and your Dream is 7/8 complete already.

I guess that is what I would say to new graduates if I were giving one of those many commencement addresses  ;-)

Dream On!


No comments:

Post a Comment