Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Kids Are Coming!

The kids - Scott, Victoria, Kyra and Carter - are arriving today for 8 great days!  I am secretly amazed and astounded that of all the places they could go and things they could do they still want to spend the greatest part of their vacation time-off with us and that they go through all the hassle and expense of getting here and renting a van big enough for the six of us.  OK so I get that Florida is a fun place and the beach condo is not exactly skid-row but c'mon, in June?  Hahaha!

When my folks moved to Florida in 1979 I dutifully came to visit every year.  Honestly, it was more of an obligation that anything resembling "fun". So I am determined that my god-kids are going to have the bestest time every time they visit. 

We will go to the Everglades Holiday Park and ride on an airboat through the swamp and see live alligator wrestling!  We will visit the Miami Seaquarium and the Miami Zoo!  We'll rent Segways on Fort Lauderdale beach and eat at the Food Truck Invasion at the Hollywood Arts Park!  Stuff ourselves at Jaxson's and Le Tub!  I'll babysit while the kids have a night out at the Seminole Hard Rock and I'll take Kyra to see Brave

Then when they leave I'll collapse!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment