Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Treasures

I ventured a little further from home and checked out the newer, bigger, better Goodwill store in Pembroke Pines today.  Their stenciled window signs promise a "treasure trove" of great stuff with "new treasures arriving daily".  Of course, today was the perfect day for this small adventure as it is 15% off senior citizen Tuesday.  I, of course, qualify.

Unlike the other Goodwill and the nearby Salvation Army (which has a musty smell) this newer, bigger and better Goodwill has oodles of new merchandise with the original store tags.  I scored a pair of cute shorts (not too short, not too long, with nice deep pockets like I like), brand new sunglasses and a brand new Hanes-Her-Way bra.  Wonderful stuff for only $6.74 including tax.

The moral?  It pays to venture a little farther?  I had forgotten the simple pleasure of the big score?  I've been overpaying for stuff lately?

I think I'll choose "new treasures arrive daily". 

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment